So this week held a pretty exciting event, it was the British Style Collective’s Blogger event at Oh Me Oh My in Liverpool. It was pretty fitting for the BSC to come and host this event in this particular (amazing) city as this is the new home of this fashion and beauty festival.
If you don’t know, the British Style Collective was formerly known as the Clothes Show and has been running now for 27 years. I had no idea it had been established for that long. It has been held in London and Birmingham over these years and is now packing up, revamping, re-branding and relocating to our amazing city of Liverpool. This event felt like the perfect kick start to a city wide take over and got us all so excited.
So what is in store from the British Style Collective?
When – Friday 7th, Saturday 8th and Sunday 9th July 2017.
Where – Liverpool City Centre – in 4 different venues – Echo Arena Exhibition Centre, St George’s Hall, The Baltic Quarter, and the Albert Dock.
So much guys, honestly.
St George’s Hall will play host to what I’m most looking forward to, Q&A talks hosted by Antonia O’Brien with Jo Elvin (Editor of Glamour Magazine), Alex Steinherr (Beauty Editor of Glamour), Henry Holland (Fashion Designer), Kimberley Walsh, Mollie King, fabulous bloggers such as Megan Ellaby and Liv Purvis and many more (book on to these talks via the BSC website). St George’s Hall will also host designer fashion shows.
Moving on to the Echo Arena Exhibition centre you’ll find the Alcatel Fashion Arena, there will be a huge fashion show in here full of high street brands and will bring massive party vibes. The exhibition centre will also host the huge shopping hall filled with all our favourite high street brands and more, for women and men. There will be beauty stands too offering treatments and products.
Examples of these kind of stalls are Wish Upon a Sparkle, creating looks like this.
And Andrew Collinge, a huge Liverpool hairdressing company, will be offering hair styling appointments and a chance to shop their new products. We met Andrew and Liz Collinge at the event and they were so welcoming and inspiring to hear talk about how their business has evolved over the years.
The Baltic Quarter will host the creative hub, a space for teachers to bring their students on the Friday and immerse themselves in to the world of fashion and textile creativity.
The Albert Dock will be taken over by a huge vintage festival on the 8th and 9th of July which is ran by HemingwayDesign. This vintage fest is free and will have street food vendors, performers, vintage shopping and classic cars all on show for the public & BSC ticket holders to get involved in.
The event on Tuesday was hosted by Antonia O’Brien and it was brilliant to meet her. I am a huge fan of hers, especially her Pod Casts – Admit One with Antonia O’Brien. If you’re a film lover then these are for you, they’re good hearty chats about all kinds of movies.
Not only did this event provide a great chance to hang out with the amazing bloggers and vloggers from Liverpool whilst enjoying some Liverpool Gin cocktails but it also gave us a taster of what to expect in July. There was such an exciting buzz because it is about time our city was chosen to host amazing fashion and beauty events like this, after all the people of Liverpool are synonymous with style.
So if all this sounds right up your street and you’re eager to come along, then you can either visit the British Style Collective website to shop for tickets & to find lots more information, or you can enter my GIVEAWAY.
- This is your chance to win 2 tickets for the British Style Collective
- These are the standard tickets only (RRP £27 each)
- Tickets will be valid for Saturday 8th July Experience A only.
- Experience A includes: Access to Shopping Halls at The Exhibition Centre, Liverpool (9am – 1pm). Alcatel Fashion Theatre Show at 2pm. All day access to St George’s Hall (recommended time 2.30pm – 6pm).
- To enter – You must follow me on twitter @jessimilton25, follow the BSC on twitter @BritStyleCol & Re-tweet my Pinned Tweet (you will find this on my profile underneath my bio).
- Competition Starts 11/6/2017 and ends at 8pm on 25/6/2017
- Winner will be chosen randomly via competitionagency.com/tweetdraw
- Winner will be announced on my Twitter page & contacted via Direct Message.
- An email address, full name and postal address will need to be provided in order for the British Style Collective to send out the tickets to the chosen winner.
- All personal details will be kept private between myself, the winner and the BSC.
- This giveaway is supported by the British Style Collective.
- UK Entry Only.
- All travel to and from event must be funded by the winner.
- No further expenses, other than 2 tickets, will be provided by myself or the BSC
This is so exciting as it is my first giveaway I’ve hosted and it is for an incredible prize. I can’t wait for July to head to this style festival and I know so many people who want to be heading there too. So if you haven’t snapped up a ticket yet for the Saturday, then definitely enter via my twitter and I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you all.
Good Luck everyone, thank you already to those who enter and bring on the style!
*The giveaway is supported by the British Style Collective. Some images in this blog post are taken by myself from Tuesday’s event, others are provided by the BSC. All information has been provided via the BSC website. Views and opinions on the bloggers event and style festival are my own.