Merry Christmas everyone. I hope that whatever you are doing today, you have a really lovely and festive day. I know Christmas can be either such a happy time, or very difficult time for people, and this year seems to be a mix of both for everyone.
Although I am very lucky with being in Tier 2, so I can go see my family, I am also so sad to hear that so many families are spending Christmas apart.
Just remember that today is like every other day of this year, we still have our video chats to fall back on, great tele packed with movies, and then there’s always Netflix. Why not make yourself your favourite food, go for a lovely winters walk and then relax.
If you are lucky enough to be with family today, or those closest to you, then have the best time. We certainly will not be taking it for granted.
Our Christmas Day
Our Christmas day will be spent having bacon butties and Bucks Fizz for breakfast, and swapping presents whilst National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation plays in the background. We’ll then set off to my parents house for a lovely lunch, and a nice long walk. I’m sure the evening will be full of festive tele, board games and cheese.
Whatever you get up to I really hope it is wonderful. If your usual traditions can’t be carried out then I hope new ones can take their place.
From our house to yours we are wishing you a wonderful Christmas. May it be filled with love, laughter, fizz, and loads of presents!
I’ve popped a little poem here for you. It was written inside a card from our neighbour. I wanted to share it as it sums up this time of year perfectly. After it I have shared a short Christmas Quiz for you all. If you read this and are hosting a little festive quiz, I hope this helps. (Answers are below, no peaking).
A Christmas Poem
This year has been so crazy, it’s one we won’t forget. Things changed so much from day to day, no one knew what was coming next. Neighbours came together, we clapped on Thursday nights, it made us all evaluate the important things in life. So Christmas this year will be special whoever we spend it with. Love, kindness and compassion are the best gifts we can give.
Christmas Quiz Time
- Which country started the tradition of putting up a Christmas tree?
- In which country is it tradition to eat KFC for Christmas dinner?
- What colour are mistletoe berries?
- How many ghosts appear in the tale A Christmas Carol?
- What is the name of the family in the movie National Lampoons Christmas Vacation?
- What is the 1st name of the angel character in the movie It’s A Wonderful Life?
- Which ocean can Christmas Island be found in?
- What are the real names of the two actresses that swap homes in the 2006 Christmas Rom-Com?
- Which song kept Mariah Carey off the number one spot in the UK charts in 1994?
- What band have had the most Christmas number ones ever?
(Answers. 1. Germany. 2. Japan. 3. White. 4. Four. 5. The Griswold’s. 6. Clarence 7. Indian Ocean. 8. Kate Winslet, Cameron Diaz. 9. Stay Another Day (East17). 10. The Beatles.)
Happy quizzing, and Happy Christmas once again.
Love Jessi xoxo